Excellence in Preventive Care
It makes sense to do everything possible to prevent disease! Our systematic approach to all aspects of preventive pet healthcare can avoid unnecessary pain and suffering that will keep pet healthcare costs to a minimum over the lifespan of your pet.
WTVC doctors combined attend over 6 to 8 continuing education seminars a year. Our top priority topics include: updates on tick carried diseases, safest and most effective vaccinations, preventing obesity, and preventing anxiety in pets during visits.
Canine Lifestage Guidelines (Dr. Ken was one of the authors)
Our Drs and staff are committed to preventive care to help your pets live longer and feel better while reducing your pet care costs.
Vaccinations Based on Lifestyle
We follow the safest guidelines to prevent your pet from contracting one of the many infectious agents they can be exposed to. We follow the American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) guidelines in dogs and the American Association of Feline Practitioners’ (AAFP) guidelines in cats and will have you complete a lifestyle questionnaire before every vaccination to ensure we are giving all the vaccinations that your pet needs and none that it doesn’t. There is significant research that indicates over-vaccination can be as serious as under-vaccination in any given situation. We will always make sure that we involve you in the decision to vaccinate or not and go by the credo that “vaccination is a medical decision” to be administered only after a physical exam and after a discussion of the of risks vs. benefits of each vaccine.
Our 10 Core Wellness Principles
- Up-to-date and safe vaccines according to your pet’s lifestyle.
- A 99% success rate for heartworm disease prevention in pets.
- Parasite programs to prevent intestinal worms, fleas & ticks.
- Preventative dentistry program to prevent pain and future costs.
- Breed specific wellness testing to identify problems early.
- Ideal weight assessments so pets can feel better live longer.
- Evidence-based Rx food & supplements to promote wellness.
- Reliable in-house lab testing to save time, detect the disease early.
- State of the art anesthetic monitoring & medical equipment.
- Electronic medical records for rapid access to information.
Tues: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Wed: 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Thurs: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. to noon