WTVC believes your pet can live a happy and healthy life with proper preventative care
WTVC stands for excellence in preventive care
It just makes sense to do everything possible to prevent disease! Our systematic approach to all facets of preventative pet health care can keep avoid unnecessary pain and suffering and keep pet healthcare costs to a minimum over the lifespan of your pet.
We optimize your pets chances of along healthy life by attending continuing education seminars that pertain to preventive care, belonging to the American Animal Hospital Association, using and helping create nutritional tools for Pet Nutrition Alliance (Dr Ken just joined their board of directors and chairs the committee for Educational Tools) and following the many published wellness guidelines.
Canine Lifestage Guidelines (Dr Ken was one of authors)
Our Drs and staff are committed to preventive care to help your pets live longer and feel better while reducing your pet care costs.
Vaccinations Based on Lifestyle
We follow the safest guidelines to prevent your pet from contracting one of the many infectious agents they can be exposed to. We follow the American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) guidelines in dogs and the American Association of Feline Practitioners’ (AAFP) guidelines in cats and will have you complete a lifestyle questionnaire before every vaccination to insure we are giving all the vaccinations that your pet needs and none that it doesn’t. There is significant research that indicates over-vaccination can be as serious as under-vaccination in any given situation. We will always make sure that we involve you in the decision to vaccinate or not and go by the credo that “vaccination is a medical decision” to be administered only after a physical exam and after a discussion of the of risks vs. benefits of each vaccine.
WTVC’s Top 10 Core Wellness Principles
- Up-to-date and safe vaccines according to your pet’s life style.
- A 99% success rate for heartworm disease prevention in pets.
- Parasite programs to prevent intestinal worms, fleas & ticks.
- Preventative dentistry program to prevent pain and future costs.
- Breed specific wellness testing to identify problems early.
- Ideal weight assessments so pets can feel better, live longer.
- Evidence based Rx food & supplements to promote wellness.
- Reliable in-house lab testing to save time, detect disease early.
- State of the art anesthetic monitoring & medical equipment.
- Electronic medical records for rapid access to information.